Little ones, that is. Number 3 is due in January! Much like the first two this one had me flat on my back for 8-9 weeks. Yuck!
Today's blog post will be a random assembly of stories about each of the kiddos.
Ten Things about Oliver...
1. If you know Oliver, you know he may just be *the most curious* boy in the world. If you don't believe me, just spend 10 minutes with him, and count the number of times he asks "why?"--I love this about him.
2. Emelia has also reached the "why" phase and ironically, Oliver has zero patience for it, the other day in the car Emelia was asking Oliver "why?" and he yelled, "Papa! Emelia is frustrating me!" Andy's response? "Payback."
3. Oliver loves to "pretend" that he is a Papa and Emelia is the Mama
and I'm the baby. But, we are rarely people,
polar bears and dragons are most common.
4. Oliver brought home his first "report card" from his Saturday preschool teacher--it said that he "was eager to learn, always willing to help others and a pleasure to have in class." I was so proud!
5. Oliver *loves* to help garden. He especially loves eating the peas, beans and tomatoes right out of the garden. I've had to cut him off several times!
6. Oliver calls "Play-doh"--"potato".It took me forever to figure out what he was talking about when he was asking to play with "potato".
7. Oliver loves music--he always has really but his current favorites crack me up-- AC/DC especially "Shoot to Thrill" and "Back in Black"and the Pitch Perfect Soundtrack--especially "Please Don't Stop the Music"
Oliver will dance anywhere--
here he's bustin' a move at the MN Zoo
8. Oliver played T-ball this summer and loved it. I'm hoping to go next week and take some pictures--more to come.
Joe Mauer hit a home run! It was really
fun to watch games with Ollie this year.
9. Oliver has out-grown naps. I don't know if this is really blog worthy, but it feels like a big milestone to me. It's definitely changed our afternoon routine--sometimes he works out with Papa and then gets a Shakeology to get big muscles!
10. He's learning to write. He's pretty good at his letters and he'll copy out phrases that we write for him. It's so fun to watch!
Ten Things About Emelia...
1. Although she doesn't like to cuddle (never has really) she does give the best full-body hugs and big juicy kisses when she's feeling lovey.
2. If it is raining outside and Andy happens to be carrying her, she covers the bald spot on his head with her hand. :)
3. Emelia still twirls her hair, especially when she is tired. Sometimes, if she twirls it a lot she gets a funny alfalfa-style curl on the top of her head.
4. Emelia acts out Anna & Elsa's movements when she watches Frozen, especially the parts where they are singing. It is too cute!
5. She is such a girly-girl. I really don't know how it happened but she loves all things pink, purple, glittery or otherwise bedazzled and anything with a bow.
Modeling one of her many dresses.
6. Shoes. Seriously this girl loves shoes and she has more than I do.
7. At the age of 2 1/2 she finally has enough hair to wear pig-tails.
8. At some point, Andy or I started calling Emelia "peanut butter." She would get the funniest look on her face and say "I not peanut butter. I'm Emelia." It was so funny we started calling her peanut butter just to get the reaction.
9. She turned the lullaby I sing her (Go to sleep, little girl) into "Go to sleep, little dragon" and sings it to me when I'm baby-dragon.
10. She adores her big brother and happily plays along with all of his games. She is going to love being a big sister.