Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Apple picking and other fall fun.

Oliver and I took a trip to an apple orchard recently on a cool and sunny day.

Oliver was immediately drawn to the pumpkins--he loves pumpkins.


Then he got busy collecting rocks.  He filled up the pocket on the hoodie, and both of my coat pockets.  "Look Mama, another rock!"


I just love the colors in this picture.

They had a little mini farm set up--Oliver loved sitting on the tractor (but he wasn't quite strong enough to move it). 
Here he is checking out his shadow--so cute!


Then we took a hay ride behind a real tractor out to the apple orchard!


I don't have many pictures of the actual apple-picking.  I was trying to tote a camera, a diaper bag, a basket for apples while trying to keep up with my toddler which is difficult enough without the gear due to my growing belly!

Here is is my favorite,
Oliver showing me the apple he picked himself ("Ollie do it!)
Doesn't he look proud!


Actually it looks like he is scoping out more apples!

Oliver leading me back to the main trail.


We picked regent apples and we've made apple pancakes, apple muffins, apple pie and apple crisp with our harvest. 
We also took home some honeycrisp for eating.  Yum!



No comments:

Post a Comment