Friday, April 30, 2010

Is it so wrong...

I only change two dirty diapers a week. 
There is nothing wrong with that, right?

It's not like I'm shirking my motherly duties.
It's not that that I am easily grossed out and avoid them.
I don't pawn them all off on Papa, because hey, I'm the one that gets up to feed in the middle of the night. Every. Night.

  And it is not that there is a limited supply of poops around my house (because judging by the amount of poopy clothes that are showing up in Piglet's laundray, there is not)

It just works out that I am only present for two poops a week.

How is this possible you ask?

Well, since we've been feeding Piglet solids he has comfortably settled into a two-poops-a-day schedule; late morning and early evening.

Poop #1 occurs on our daycare lady's watch Monday-Friday.  Poop #2 occurs on Andy's watch, before I get home from work.  Therefore, the only "opportunity" I have is the weekend, but between Papa, Auntie, and the occasional visiting/babysitting grandparent, I am usually only on-call for one each day.

So, I guess what I'm really saying is I've got it good and there is nothing wrong with that, right?

I didn't think so.

1 comment:

  1. I hear ya! One of the few benefits of working full time while you have a baby. My daughter poops once a day since we've been feeding her solids, and it's always later in the morning after I have already gone to work. Sorry, Grandma!

    Amie
    http://www.diaperspeasandotherjoysofmotherhood.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete