Saturday, May 22, 2010

BYOP

Bring Your Own Plant.

I have some really great people who live on my block, and last Tuesday a couple of those neighbors hosted a meet and greet for the neighborhood (many of us are relatively new). 

Instead of your typical Minnesota get-together where everyone brings a "salad" (why we insist on calling any cold side-dish a salad--even when there is nothing green in it-- I will never understand) they suggested a seedling exchange.  What a great idea!  The timing was perfect for us because we are putting up a fence and I'm going to be busy landscaping.

I brought lupine seedlings, and I took home this:



I love perenniels, once you get the planning and planting done, you can have blooms all summer, year after year with a relatively small amount of work.

While I enjoyed myself perusing the seedlings and chatting up the neighbors, Oliver had fun swinging with Papa.



Oliver also got to hang out with his buddy Henry (who is just 10 days older than Oliver!)
Henry is such a sweet baby, and I am majorly jealous of his hair--just LOOK at it!  Oliver looks like he wishes he had hair like Henry's too!



The visit was shorter than we would have liked.  While Henry had just woken up from a nap, Oliver was overdue for one.  Which is probably why we had such a hard time getting them to look at the camera at the same time, let alone coaxing a smile out of both of them.

Exhibit A:



Not to mention I was working so hard to try to get them to crack a smile that I neglected the composition of my photos...

Exhibit B:



But I did manage to get this one.



p.s. Piglet has outgrown his nickname... I'm going to have to think of a new one.  We've been calling him stinky, but he actually responds to it more than Oliver so we are going to have to quit...

No comments:

Post a Comment