Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Ello Bandy-ions

I don't have any fun pictures to share for this post, but rather a few cute things that I wanted to remember.

Tonight Oliver and I were outside.  I decided to do some general cleaning up of my flower gardens--something that has been neglected this year with the arrival of Ememlia.  Oliver saw me "playing" in the dirt and since he's 2, and a boy he asked if he could help.  I said "please do" and he started repeating me saying "Ollie peas to help."

The first task I assigned him was to pick all the dandy lions.  We talked about the fact that they are yellow, and are called dandy lions.  In his cute pre-school speak it came out as 'ello bandy-ions.  He kept saying "I found another one ucky 'ello bandy-ions, Mama!

After the bandy-ions were all picked, he started collecting pine-cones but kept referring to them as pineapples.  He'd say "pineapples bery ucky" and I'd try to explain that they were called "pine cones" and were yucky, but that pineapple is yellow fruit and is yummy. 

He wasn't buying it.

And just for fun, here is a picture of Oliver with a strangely dirty face (?).

No comments:

Post a Comment