Friday, March 25, 2011

Family date night--part one

Last week Andy was on spring break and as a result, Oliver got some quality Papa time.  They both had a lot of fun all week and are looking forward to lots of Papa-Oliver time this summer.

We had some nice family date nights as well. 

One night, we decided to head to the Mall of America for dinner and some fun.  We ate at CRAVE and it was yummy.  I heard mixed reviews, but everything Andy and I had was good. 

We started with prosciutto wrapped scallops with wilted spinach and spiced edamame.  Andy had a pasta dish and I had a flatbread pizza and we shared with Oliver.  And, I had my new favorite cider, Crispin. 

Then we went to Nickelodeon Universe, where we took Oliver on his first-ever rides!  Oliver thought it was pretty neat.



He had his first ride on a merry-go-round.



Then we rode the ferris wheel--at first Oliver was a little nervous.


{Oh.  Hello handsome husband! Don't they look alike! No wonder I'm so smitten with Oliver!}

But, eventually Oliver warmed up to it and had a lot of fun pointing out all the "balls" (any circular shape) and the rest of my pictures are blurry.




No comments:

Post a Comment