Thursday, August 5, 2010

You Capture: Summer

My first thought, when I heard that this week's You Capture theme was "Summer" was BASEBALL!  But there were two problems, I don't have ticktes to a TWINS game, and I've done that one before.

So, as I stood in my kitchen thinking of what Summer means to me, I looked out my window and saw this:

{my unruly garden}

To me, summer is when I get to reap the benefits of all my spring-time hard work. 
Right now I have zucchini coming out of my ears, a two basil bushes that I can't keep up with and in about a week, I'll have more ripe tomatoes than I can eat. 

I'll be making a lot of spaghetti sauce.  Stay tuned for my recipie.






Now head over to I Should Be Folding Laundry for more "Summer" pics.

5 comments:

  1. i miss having a garden this summer. Lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OH, those tomatoes look so delicious. What a great garden. Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful garden, I much prefer an unruly garden to one with perfect rows.

    ReplyDelete
  4. we are in the same boat with the tomatoes...so i will be staying tuned for your recipe! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. It doesn't matter how unruly the garden is as long as it is producing! Great pictures.

    Teresa

    ReplyDelete