Wednesday, March 24, 2010

One of "those" moms

Someone (well, actually a few someones) recently pointed out that I have become one of "those" moms.

You know the kind-- talks obsessively about her baby,
writes one of those "mommy blogs"
thinks her baby is so wonderful, adorable, smart and facinating
that even his dirty diapers merit discussion...

Well I am, he is, and it does.
I mean seriously, look at him!


But how did I get here? 

I can think of several prior versions of my self
who would roll their eyes at the obsessive at times a bit silly
and over-the-top mom I've become.

I think its because I work full time.  I've written a bit about this recently so I'm sorry to go here again but its true.  I was talking with my cousin recently and she quipped "what are we working for?"  The obvious answer is that we are working to support our families but the sentiment merits some discussion.  As I've said before, I can't believe how fast Piglet is growing and changing and learning new things and I fell like I'm missing so much of it.

By the time I get home from work it is after 7:00 pm.  We have some rice cereal, play a little or take a bath.  Then it is story time and lights out.
Five. days. in. a. row.

Then its the glorious weekend and I get nothing done.  Well, no house work, but lots of the important, sacred, joyful work of parenting. 
We play, we cuddle, we take pictures and go on outings--much of which is what you see on this blog.

I am one of those moms, and proud of it.




No comments:

Post a Comment